It’s been a hot minute since we have posted anything. Stuck at home with limited supplies has sparked some new recipes. I can’t keep enough snacks around to keep my teenage boys full. So here is a simple, yet hearty granola bar recipe.
3 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
1/4 cup gluten free flour mix
2 Tbsp flax & hemp, chia
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
*1/3 cup coconut sugar or omit this part (optional)
1 cup chocolate chips*
1/4 cup cranberries
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil or coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
1/4 cup of nuts
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. Combine the first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
4. Pour the wet ingredients over the oat mixture and stir to combine.
5. Place granola mixture on a parchment lined baking sheet and shape into a rectangle, about 13 x 9 x 1 inch thick or press into a greased 8×8 pan for thick ones
6. Bake for 25 minutes.
7. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Then cut into bars. Do not remove from the pan yet. The. place them into freezer. Once set, remove gently and wrap individually. Keep refrigerated.
8. Serves 8-12.
* You can substitute raisins or other dried fruit for the chocolate chips.
** Individually wrapped, the bars will remain fresh for several weeks.